Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week 3 - Countenance [Rebekah]

Countenance is not simply a person's face. It is the expression that the face conveys. 


 In this case, the face conveys rest. Here, Josh is taking a Sunday afternoon nap at the Beerbowers.

(I'm sure he'll be thrilled with this)




After I went home and looked at the pictures I had taken at the Beerbower's, I was actually rather pleased with this one. Although it doesn't even have a face in it, it conveys "rest" and "countenance" when put with the other pictures. That method reminds me somewhat of Sherlock Holmes' deductions. In the stories, he would always be looking at the whole appearance of a person and noticing different small, seemingly meaningless things about their attire,  the way they carried themselves, or the way they spoke. However, when put together with the all the other small meaningless things he noticed, it gave him the whole story about a person. In the same way, although the shoes themselves aren't exactly screaming countenance, when put with the other pictures it helps to create the feeling of the word. 
That's what I've been trying to do with my posts. Not just simply take a literal picture of "shimmer", or "silence", but try to convey the meaning and feeling of the word to you guys. Hopefully I have been achieving my goal with this somewhat!



1 comment:

  1. I think you should have just done the first picture and the shoe picture. Those would have been sufficient and where really the only two worthwhile one of these. - there is still time to edit!
    -Josh

    ReplyDelete

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!