Monday, January 7, 2013

Week 1 - Shimmer [Nick]


When Rebekah asked me to participate in this project with them, I was very excited. It's great to have a chance to let others see art the way I see it, not just dull and gray, but colorful and filled with life. God's creation is full of glory and wonder, and taking pictures of His creativity is just one way to show it. Now, don't get me wrong, photography is not one of my mastered skills, but I'm positive I can take a good photo.

This weeks word was "shimmer". When I think of the word, I think of soft light being reflected off of water or glass, or maybe a sunset off in the distance. A glow, a beam, a "shimmer".

My first few photos made me think of the word immediately. It may not for you, the reader, but hey, who's judging? Anyway, these pictures came about when I had some fun with a wine glass, a jar, and my desk lamp. Hope you like 'em.








2 comments:

  1. I really like these, Nick. I especially like the third and second from the bottom. They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!