Thursday, January 3, 2013

Week 1 - Shimmer [Rebekah]

Our first week's word is shimmer. What does that make you think of?

Well, for me, it is reflected light. But not just reflected light-  whatever shimmers, also sparkles and shines. Something that shimmers is fresh and crisp and cold.

So here's my take on shimmer. I am pleased with the way it turned out. It captures my feelings about shimmery things.


shimmer

snow on prairie grass




 I looked out my window yesterday morning just as the light from the rising sun hit the snow. It made everything outside sparkle beautifully. So I threw on a coat and took a few pictures in the frigid air. It was lovely.

 All this white, pure snow makes me think of the book of Isaiah, when it speaks about our sins. How, though they are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. Thanks be to God!


1 comment:

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!