Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 23 - Wait [Rebekah]

Wait.

Two main things pop into my head when I think of the word wait, both of them having to do with music. First of all, the Sons of Korah have a whole album by that name (which I recommend highly, by the way). 

Secondly, this recording of Psalm 130 is the song that starts playing in my head when I think of wait. I will admit that it is not the best quality, recording-wise, amongst all the songs on the Clearnote Songbook. However, the song itself is wonderful. I love the instrumentation of it, and it's ended up being one of my favorite songs by the Good Shepherd Band. 

The song is taken almost word-for-word from Psalm 130. If you're too lazy to listen to it, or flip open a Bible to that chapter, or google "Psalm 130", here it is.

           Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
 But with you there is forgiveness,
that you may be feared.
wait for the Lordmy soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
 my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.
 O Israel, hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
and with him is plentiful redemption.
 And he will redeem Israel
from all his iniquities.

There is a wonderful assurance in this particular Psalm that made even more apparent in the recorded song. It is full of hope and faith in God. There's a great humbleness, showing that God is everything and man is nothing. There's a quiet patience and peace, waiting for God's timing while the storms of life rage on. 

Here's wait.






8 comments:

  1. Those are really cool pictures of Amy, Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melody. I am impressed that you didn't say anything about Amy's feet.

      Delete
    2. Yes, well that's because the feet have to be in that picture because of the sign. If it weren't for the sign, I would have said something.

      Delete
  2. I really like how these picture waiting! And I have to go there. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you realize that your first sentence doesn't make sense :) But thank you. And yes, you do.

      Delete
    2. After I wrote that, I realized you might not understand it. However, it does make sense. I use picture as a verb, as in "I like how they depict waiting." Got it?

      Delete
  3. These pictures turned out so good! I'm so glad I got to spend that day with you girls :)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!