Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 24 - Freedom [Jeannette]

Freedom. When I first considered this word, I was a bit at a loss. How do you picture freedom?


 But then I realized that the typical freedom, the patriotic sort of freedom, wasn't really what I pictured.


To me, freedom means running through the grass.


 And that in bare feet.


 Preferably in fields of daisies.


Freedom is being a child, free to play in the mud without worrying about getting dirty.


Freedom is a day on the beach, digging in the sand, with nothing better to do.


Freedom is being able to ride your bike, feeling so grown up and having the ability to quickly go wherever you want to go.

I love that feeling of freedom that I get on a wonderfully sunny day with a light breeze, when I feel compelled to run (preferably in bare feet and a long, light skirt, which add so much to that free feeling) and maybe dance and definitely sing. Singing always gives a sense of freedom.


These senses of freedom come often when I am really experiencing true freedom.

In Jesus' words, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free...Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."

It's amazing how experiencing the truth personally gives you such freedom. "If the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed." These pictures of freedom are just that: pictures, metaphors for the true freedom that lights up your face even in the most dire of circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!