Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 25 - Doubt [Jeannette]

When I found out the word for this week, I was a little doubtful.

(Sorry about that lame pun, which isn't even a pun. I couldn't not do it.)

Doubt is something that is commonly experienced in our lives. Looking at things with a skeptical eye is something one must learn around sarcastic people. Asking my little sister to look doubtful, I could get her to say nothing but she produced this look.


There is a place for healthy doubt. But in general, we think of doubt negatively. After hearing the word for this week, friend of mine mentioned the verse that comes to mind when one considers doubt, and finally I had a picture of what doubt would look like.
"Whoever lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind." - James 1:5-6


I think of clouds of doubt rolling in, of waves of uncertainty washing ashore.


It's pretty cool how God gives us pictures in nature of spiritual truths.


God's Word is firm; we need not doubt, for if we stand on it, our foundation is not on shifting sand. Hmm, maybe I should have taken a picture of that.

1 comment:

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!