Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Week 6- Glad [Rebekah]

There is a picture that immediately comes to my mind when I think of "glad". It is sunny yellow, radiant red, and brilliant blue balloons on a sapphire sky.

Sadly, that picture is not something I had the power to create. If I had really put my mind to it, I probably could have done it, but I was lazy in making my photography visions happen this week. In fact, I hadn't really any ideas of what to do for glad.

Then came today, and I decided that I should probably think of something. 

I thought. Jeannette and Bryce had focused on smiling faces. I decided to do something different. I decided to photograph small things that make me glad. Little things that brighten my day.

Consequently, instead of putting my camera's settings at Monochrome, or ever Neutral, I stepped out of my normal boundaries and selected Landscape to try to capture vibrant colors.

Like this painting done of a road in Glen Arbor. I was drawn to the vibrancy of the colors- I had never seen a piece of art so bright. That would be why I bought it.


I rediscovered this watercolor painting hiding in a closet a couple weeks ago. It was given to my parents when they moved from Fredricksburg, VA to here in Ohio. It has been slightly damaged by water over the years, but I still love it. The colors are awesome.

Taking pictures of art is interesting. It allows you to focus on one particular part of the piece- 
like the people, here.


Don't ask me why the Periodic Table of Elements makes me glad. It just does. Perhaps if it was black and white, I wouldn't like Chemistry nearly as much. Who knows?


Drawing away from bright colors, something else that makes me glad is wood- wood with character. I have always loved antique furniture for its uniqueness.


 Coming back to brightness, here is color with light, displaying itself on a little towel in our bathroom.

 
And here's a winter hat of Jonny's.


Something else that makes me glad is, put simply, random things. This monkey makes me happy. Don't be    surprised if, when I have a house of my own, I have a pillow pet like this 
hanging out on my living room couch.



 Here's a thick, knitted scarf I have. I love the texture of it. And that yellow is amazing.


I have recently discovered the wonder of Sherlock Holmes. It makes me glad.

And, of course, it makes me glad in a weird sort of way to drive late at night down creepy highways listening to the Sherlock soundtrack. It is the best. 

These are pretty much my favorite soundtracks ever. 


 And finally, Tinconderoga pencils make me glad. I'm not sure why- they just do.



Perhaps these are not the most important things that make me glad- photography, writing, the Good Shepherd Band and the Everlasting Word Band, playing music, and God's word are the more obvious things- but we can be glad at the little things God has given us too, can't we?


2 comments:

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!