Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January - Self-Portrait [Parker]

Welcome back to the Visualization Project, everyone! We are all excited to bring you many new pictures in the year 2014. With the increased amount of time we have for each project I know that I was able to take better pictures and I trust others will have higher quality photographs as well. But as my dissertation on the new year of this collaborative project is not what you came here for I hereby present to you the pictures which I hope accurately capture my "Self-Portrait".


For those of you who desire a literary version of my self-portrait, please read on. All others, skip the following paragraphs and you can go right to the rest of the images. Now that is service tailored for the individual if I ever did see it.

I recently moved to the state of Delaware to work as a youth leader and pastoral intern for the next two years at East Gate Presbyterian Church. I have wanted to be a pastor since I started college and the work I have done here so far has only increased that desire. I am a follower of Jesus and this influences every other aspect of my "self-portrait."

I also am a musician, although I cannot claim the same level of musical merit as Rebekah can. I have played violin for several years and I greatly enjoy playing along with other instruments. I am able to play a certain amount of the mandolin and I understand the very basics of a couple other instruments. 

Other activities of which I partake include reading and (clearly) photography. However, near the top of the list of favorite activities would be time spent with people from church. My brothers and sisters in Christ (including those to whom I am related by blood) have influenced me more than I can imagine and I nearly included a picture or two of them in this post.

I hope that I have been able to give you a glimpse of myself in this post. I look forward to bringing you more photographs throughout the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!