Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January- Self Portrait [Rebekah]

Hello people!

In case you can't tell from the title of this post, I'm Rebekah. I'm really excited for this year and The Visualization Project.

I actually turned eighteen this past friday, the 17th. It's interesting that the Self-Portrait project happened so soon around it. Why? Because the goal of the Self-Portrait project is to capture who your personality, who you are. And turning eighteen, becoming an official adult, has made me think of who I am and how many things about me will stick with me until I die. It's a little scary.

So, who am I?

The pictures will explain. (And no, I'm not Jean Valjean. I already explained, I'm Rebekah, remember?)








In case you want a long, boring, and worded essay of who I am, here you go. I wonder how many of these things will still be true when I turn 50. Odd thought, isn't it?

I'm generally pretty happy. I find enjoyment in many small things. I'm not easily depressed, and I'm not a moody person.

I'm a musician. It all started when I was five. My parents decided my brothers and I should take piano lessons. From there, everything else came into being. About 3 years ago, I decided I needed to learn a second instrument. So, I took up mandolin. I started to play in The Everlasting Word Band, which is the band of Christ The Word Church. The next thing that happened was, one Christmas season Sunday I got to church just as the band began to practice. Suddenly, I heard them exclaim, "Oh no! We don't have a glockenspiel player, and we have a song that absolutely needs a glockenspiel!" (Ok, so they didn't exactly say that, but that was the essence of it.) They cast their eyes around for a solution, and they alighted on me. So I played glockenspiel that Sunday, and most Christmas Sundays after that. I only play glockenspiel around Christmas, so it's not like I'm amazing at it or anything. But it's a pretty cute little instrument. The fourth thing that happened was that I started to sing. I'd always liked singing, but I was rather surprised how much people liked my voice the first time I sang for church. All I can say is, praise God. The fifth thing is that I've started playing around with my brother's guitar. It's pretty fun.

I'm not yo' average reader. The Hunger Games, alright. Eragon, meh. Twilight, I hope I never have to touch it. I prefer heftier reading.

I'm a lover of history and geography. Maps are so exciting. I love hearing minute details about famous historical figures. For example, did you know that Winston Churchill got clobbered by a car in New York City because he looked left before he crossed a street instead of right? I did.
If there is confusion regarding Winston Churchill's accident in your head, let Wikipedia explain here.

I am a photographer. That should be pretty obvious due to the fact that I am on The Visualization Project. As a photographer, I enjoy looking for the way light hits. I like interesting colors. I'm always on the search for textures. And after actually taking the pictures, I love editing them. There's so many different ways you can go with editing.

Last on this list, but not least, I am a child of God. My desire is that you would see it through my posts here on the blog, and that I would use any talents I have for His glory.

So there's my first post for 2014. May there be many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!