Friday, January 24, 2014

January - Self-portrait [Jeannette]

Hello.

My name is Jeannette. Jeannette Marie Beerbower, specifically.

This is a good description of me. Jeannette means "God is gracious," Marie means "bitter" (which is appropriate, but how is a story for another time-basically a sweet aroma of sacrifice, describing my desire to live for Christ), and I am a Beerbower, and love being one.

I am a reader (like I said, I'm a Beerbower) and a bibliofile (if you don't know that word, look it up-I'm a logophile too),


and I am a writer.



I am kind of old-fashioned in thought and less than modern in dress. (I love that line.)

My hair is curly,


and I have freckles marching over the bridge of my cute nose, as my older sister would say. I would debate that. (That it is cute, not that I have freckles. I know I do, and I do not mind my freckles.)


I always look over the top of my glasses. Maybe that's why I look like a teacher or an old maid. Plus rocking in an old chair with a soft blanket around me sounds appealing, though I'd rather be rocking a baby or reading than knitting. I prefer crocheting anyway.


I am a sister and I have a lot of siblings. I love it. I considered adding a picture of some of my siblings and my two siblings-to-be because I love it so much, but I already have so many pictures Rebekah will probably yell at me...

I enjoy doing the dishes because I can think and I can sing, two things I do constantly.


I would have posted a picture of me singing, but I don't like pictures of myself. Generally. Yes, even though I agreed to do a self-portrait post, and this isn't the first time I've taken self-portraits. Sometimes, you're your most available and cooperative subject.

 And, in case you wondered, I like photography.



Nice to meet you.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice, Jeannette!! You are an excellent photographer!!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you love dishes so much, you should do them more often.

    Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures of you signing. I think God is going to use you much in that area. Di Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the three pictures side by side of you signing, I really like your smile!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!