Saturday, March 8, 2014

Personal Project - 'Picture This' Series [Aaron]


After being encouraged to post personal projects along with the regular monthly projects here at the Visualization Project, I decided to invent the Picture This series as another way to creatively share my photography. My goal in this series is to transform ordinary pictures into special portraits of people and landscapes through capturing the shot inside a simple frameI've only just started working on this, but hope to have many good ideas to share with you guys. 


My first take in the Picture This series was in effort to capture the silhouette of a barren tree with the reflection of a sunset in the glassy ice that had frozen in an open country field. Even in the midst of the lifeless season of winter, this shot shows that God still shows us beauty through a sunset's glorious array of colors. 



In my second take of the series I decided to take some serious snowfall pictures. Since there is so much of it here in the Midwest and it's so beautiful I thought, "why not?". I immediately fell in love with the bokeh that was created in the background thanks to my wonderful 50mm lens, and continued to capture as many shots as I could. 









As I conclude this post I'd like to thank both of my amazing sisters for assisting me in creating these pictures; and I'd also like to thank all of you who are following the blog for stopping by and showing your support through all your comments. Thank you again, and I hope to share many more pictures in the Picture This series with you all this year here at the Visualization Project.



1 comment:

  1. This is really nice, Aaron. I was going to list my favorites (the one with the gorgeous colors, the one of Corinne, the framing of the handles), but then I pretty much ended up listing all of them, so I decided not to. Then again, did I?

    ReplyDelete

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!