Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Week 13 - Foolery [Rebekah]




Foolery, aside from its obvious reference to April Fools Day (which was yesterday), makes me think of a fairy (or something akin to a fairy) flitting about the green grass in bare feet. She is completely oblivious to the world, blithely talking to the trees and flowers and considering them her friends. Maybe a good example is to picture Rapunzel from Tangled as a fairy, except even a little more ditsy. (I'm sure there is another good example out there of an actual fairy. I am sorry. I am not exactly knowledgeable in fairies, sadly.) Anyways, that is how I envision foolery.

And so my vision lay before me. My task was clear. I thought, "Who is the silliest person I know? Who could fill this role?"
The answer was obvious. Me!

Some of you are probably like, "Rebekah? Silly? Never!" If you think this, then you probably don't know 
me very well, sadly.

Anyways, I stepped outside, armed with a tripod, into the bitter cold. And this is what I ended up with.


Reaching for nothing is foolery.


Yellow skies certainly fit into the definition of foolery. Can you even imagine living with yellow skies?


 And here is my silly self.


 And a random banana. If you don't think a random banana is foolish, you probably know 
someone who thinks differently.


Shadows are foolery. They are there, and then they disappear. You can see them, but cannot feel or touch or taste or hear them. And they move.


And here I am again. I hope you enjoyed this, and I hope you never see me again with stripes on polka-dots on stripes, wearing cowboy boots, and with hair everywhere again.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Rebekah, I would not go so far as to call you foolish; silly, yes, slightly crazy and creatively random,(that banana)okay, but foolish, nope.

    P.S. I'm sure you wear polka-dots and stripes on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Melody, this amused me because if you read this over again carefully, I actually never called myself foolish. Only silly : )

      And actually... I don't. Weird, right?

      Delete
  2. Rebekah, your outfit is so lovely. I hope to see it in person someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, you know, the perfect picture for foolery would be something to do with Rumpelstiltskin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebekah, Rebekah. Some of you are probably like, "Rebekah? Silly? Never!" If you are truly under the impression that someone might be saying this, you are silly indeed. The only person who would say such a thing doesn't know you enough to say never about anything about you, and therefore wouldn't say it.

    I like the first picture of you. You have such a Rebekah look on your face.

    And a random banana? They know someone who thinks bananas are foolish if they know me...

    ReplyDelete

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!