Friday, February 14, 2014

January - Self Portrait [Aaron]

Hello all! 
My name is Aaron and this will be my second year here at the Visualization Project. I am very excited to share my photos with you guys this year as we progress throughout the months, and am happy to hear feedback from you all as you view my work! 

Before I share a little bit about myself, I'd like to apologize in advance for my tardiness in posting January's self-portrait project. Last month I had an unfortunate incident where my camera fell, causing the lens to somehow become stuck. So right now I have my recent Christmas gift, Canon's 50mm lens, firmly fixated to my camera, which definitely made self-portrait difficult. Thankfully I was still able to use it to take some pictures though. So again, sorry about that; I hope you enjoy the following posts I have this year!


This is me.




I have a strong appreciation for photography, and the endless styles in which a plain image can be transformed into a masterpiece of art. 




Capturing an image is like freezing time. It's taking a moment of the present and pausing it to reflect on for the rest of time. 
This is perhaps one of my favorite things about photography.




I also love finding the perfect lighting to capture a moment you can remember forever. 




Basketball is another creative outlet that I enjoy. Although I have never played competitive basketball before, I am now in my second year of playing on Monclova Christian Academy's varsity basketball team, and have decided that I will definitely be staying for the rest of my high school career.  



Music is also one of my passions. For over seven years I have played the piano, and enjoy playing in my youth group service every Wednesday, as well as playing at local and state-wide competitions. 




 Lastly, I'd like to give all the glory of everything I am capable of doing to God. Although I love many things this world has to offer, nothing comes close to how much I love the Bible and my Savior, Jesus Christ. Without Him I would be nothing, and I am proud to be able to do everything I can for Him and His glory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!