Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Week 18 - Sunshine [Rebekah]


Sunshine.
Warm Sunshine.
Green grass, a gentle breeze, blue skies.

I was playing with a little girl outside last night. She was swinging, and I was pushing her. I don't remember how it came up, but I told her that God made the sky blue. 

"Dod made me da sky boo?" she asked wonderingly. (She inserts "me" randomly into sentences.)
"Yes," I said, smiling. "God made the sky blue."
And for about two minutes, as she swung back and forth, she repeatedly said, "Dod made me da sky boo. Dod made me da sky boo? Dod made me da sky boo."

You might be wondering how my little story has to do with sunshine. Well, just like God made the sky blue, God has also made the sunshine. It is amazing to gaze at creation and see His wonderful handiwork. To feel the green, green, grass underneath your feet and look at the blue, blue sky above is to see God's glory manifested in what He has made.

These pictures show what I think of when I think "sunshine". Sunshine isn't simply the sun shining, it's a spring day, with the sunlight dappled through the trees. Sunshine is a picnic (which is precisely where most of these pictures are from!). Sunshine is happy bare feet walking on soft green grass. And most of all, sunshine is God's lovingkindness to us, and His glory displayed clearly to us. Hopefully I have captured a bit of God's glory in these pictures. But the awesome thing is that these pictures come nowhere close to the true extent of God's glory. No matter how beautiful any picture may be, the glory of that picture can never come close to the glory of God.

But anyways- here is sunshine.
















It's wonderful to enjoy sunshine. Jeannette and I took a picnic last week, and I didn't want to do anything but sit quietly on the blanket and enjoy the trees rustling and the white clouds floating and the birds sweetly chirping. But we must beware lest we forget the Great Creator who made it all by His mighty word.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For His invisible attributes, namely, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened."
Romans 1:18-21

So may we not simply enjoy nature and sunshine, but recognize God as the Lord and Creator of it all. His eternal power and divine nature is evident to us through creation- may that cause us to honor and praise Him. For if you do not honor Him as God...if you do not serve Him as King...remember this: 
He is coming back to judge. 


12 comments:

  1. Ok. The picture with the blue sky and pink flowers is like amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It actually reminds me of a poster my orthodontist had on his ceiling...

      Delete
  2. I agree. I really liked the picture of the blue sky and the pink flowers and also, of the orange and the jar of blue water.

    Mercy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mercy! It's called Gatorade. But blue water works too : )

      Delete
  3. Good job, child. I like the picture of my feet (both of them, actually, and the one with my hands too-face not so much...). And the fence, because fences are just cool that way. And the previously mentioned ones I like too, but I shall not go on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannettie. I have to say that feet are more interesting than you'd think to take pictures of. Odd, isn't it?

      Delete
    2. "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring glad tidings of good things"-I agree. Despite what my siblings say, I don't find feet terribly disturbing.

      Delete
    3. I don't find them disturbing in general. Certain peoples feet are certainly disturbing though...

      Delete
  4. The pink flowers and blue sky are neat! I think the color pink was specifically made for flowers. I'm not sure why people keep putting it on clothes. :) I also like the picture of Jeannette's face-feet not so much...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely, Melody! Pink is glorious on flowers...on people, not so much :) Are you one of those strange people that are disturbed by feet?

      Delete
    2. Jeannette's feet are disturbing.

      Delete
    3. Well...I wouldn't want a picture of feet hanging on my wall...

      Delete

What did you think about this post? What was your favorite picture? Here at The Visualization Project, we love comments and feedback from people like you. Let us know what you thought!